Helpless poor children are innocent in struggle for survival. This evokes the necessity for concerted action to help families in attaining the basic needs for decent living. In the month of May 1987, a group of concerned citizens came together to organize the Families and Children for Empowerment and Development (FCED) Foundation, Inc. in response to the urgent need to alleviate the situation of families whose children were on the streets, working and begging to survive.
FCED embarks on projects specifically benefiting street children, youth and families in identified urban poor communities in Paco and Pandacan in the city of Manila. It is not only the urgent needs of the community that FCED strives to provide. FCED is determined to find enduring solutions and structures to build fully developed communities.
Therefore, FCED is the organized instrument of change in the identified areas of coverage. FCED envisions every child the fullness of life, with a loving family, whose able parents are responsible members of the community.
Vision, Mission, Goals
· Every child is afforded a fullness of life and enjoys his/her rights. Every child has a loving and caring relationship with a family.
· Every child becomes a participating and productive member of the society.
· Every family is empowered to have responsible parents, able to manage its endeavors, to raise its productive level & to meet the needs of its members, especially the children.
· Every community/barangay has a set of viable, effective community structures that are initiating, implementing & evaluating community programs & projects to meet the basic needs of children and their families.
· Empower street children and urban poor children and their families to develop & manage health, education, livelihood & protection programs and services in their respective barangays.
· Provide opportunities for children, youth and parents on values clarification & education, with particular emphasis on spiritual values and human rights and/or the rights of a child.
· Motivate & facilitate the development of self-managing community structures & people’s organizations, such as the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (BCPC) & associations of parents, children, youth and microfinance groups.
· Provide opportunities for the education, skills training & increased income of street children, youth and their families.
· To provide the 12 identified depressed barangays of Paco & Pandacan a set of viable effective community structures (e.g. the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children) that are initiating, implementing & evaluating community programs & projects to meet the needs of street children & their families.
· To assist resident families and their children in Paco and Pandacan urban poor areas in managing child rights based programs and services related to child survival, development, protection & participation.
· To protect at least 85% of the participating street & urban poor children against all forms of abuse and exploitation, hazards & conditions prejudicial to the physical, mental, emotional, social & moral participation.
· To prevent the proliferation of street children in cooperation with the members of the community.
· To assist the participating marginalized families in meeting their basic needs of food, clothing & basic education for the school-aged children.
· To provide a venue for the participating families to manifest attitudes that upholds the dignity of personhood & respects the rights of women & children.
Families and Children for Empowerment and Development Foundation, Inc.
2290 President Quirino Avenue,
Paco, Manila, Philippines 1007
T: +63 2 561 6849
F: +63 2 562 6997
© 2013 Families and Children for Empowerment and Development Foundation, Inc.
All rights reserved
Registration & Licenses: